Brazos River Charter School offers sources and assistance for seniors who are looking to continuing their education. Below are a list of steps BRCS suggests each student follow if they are interested in going to college.
- Choose More Than One College
- Remember that you have the power to choose which college you want to attend.
- Research all available options. Gather information from multiple sources.
- Allow yourself to have more than one choice of college. Do not narrow your options to only one college.
- Visit College Campuses
- Visit college campuses if you can in order to get a personal understanding of life at that institution.
- Take a tour of each campus.
- Research the academic programs each institution offers.
- Talk to an academic advisor at each school.
- Verify the admission requirements for each college.
- Determine the actual costs involved in going to the school and ask about financial aid.
- Fill out Applications for the College(s) of Your Choice
- Apply to at least 3 colleges (don’t forget to notify colleges of your final decision)
- You can download most college applications or use the Texas Common Application
- Along with application, you will need to include the following:
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Scholarship and/or Financial Aid Information
- Test Scores
- An Application Essay
- Be sure to take your time when writing your application essay
- Think of your essay is something you will want to read after college to see a snapshot of what you were like when you were 18
- Take or Retake Entrance Exams
- Start Applying Now
- Enjoy your senior year at BRCS! Do not overstress about getting into college and enjoy your time as a senior.
Follow these steps and get advice from family and friends in order to make the most informed decision possible.
Tarleton State College
Texas State Technical College
Weatherford College – Granbury Campus
Guides to Online Colleges
Accredited Online Schools and Colleges
College for All Texans