Brazos River Charter School offers sources and assistance for juniors who are looking to jumpstart the college application process. Below are a list of steps BRCS suggests each student follow if they are interested in going to college.
- Take the PSAT for practice and scholarship opportunities.
- Research college options – look at as many colleges as you think you might be interested in attending. You can narrow down the list as you gather more information.
- Research career and major options.
- Start planning for financial aid – you can jumpstart your financial aid application by getting a FASFA pin.
- Study and take the SAT and ACT. If you are going to apply using the top 10% east admission dates; you need to take the ACT and/or SAT early in your Junior year.
- Continue to work hard in your classes and keep up your GPA.
- Continue or start extra-curricular activities or community service. Colleges are looking for well rounded students.
- Look for announcements for college fairs or college nights at neighboring schools.
- Take a college tour during the summer
Guides to Online Colleges